APPNA (Association of the Physicians of Pakistani Descent of North America) is the largest professional organization of Pakistani Physicians in North America. The young physicians are the source of strength and future of APPNA. The Young Physicians Committee (YPC) is committed to help the incoming young physicians. Initially started as an Adhoc committee in year 2003, it has now become a strong platform for the incoming and established young physicians.
This year YPC has set-up following major goals to help the young physicians in multiple ways: assistance during the residency match and SOAP, assistance with visa-related issues, organize different YPC seminars throughout the year, provide mentorship-in-person (US clinical experience & research), mentorship on-line (educational material at the YPC website), and assistance with temporary accommodation in different APPNA-related housing facilities.
We humbly request all the established physicians (whether in academia or private practice) to come forward and join hands with YPC in helping our young physicians.
Dr. Shahzad Iqbal, MD
Majid Aized, MD
Urooba Faheem, MD
Muhammad Taimoor Khan, MD
Amin Nadeem, MD
Amjad Ghani Sheikh, MD
Sana Waheed, MD
Faisal Latif, MD
Saad Z. Usmani, MD
Sadiq Naveed, MD
Umar Tariq, MD
Muhammad Afzal Ahmad, MD
Iqbal Jangda, MD
Aftab Khan, MD
Ali A. Siddiqui, MD
APPNA YPC 2017 Goals:
The goal of APPNA YPC (Young Physicians Committee) is to guide and help the Pakistani-Descent young physicians interested in pursuing post-graduate training in the United States. Each year, YPC accomplishes this goal by helping young physicians in multiple ways including:
* Providing a portal of communication amongst young physicians for social & professional networking.
* Providing mentorship to incoming residency applicants & graduating residents in pursuit of their residencies, fellowships, jobs and other medical career related opportunities.
* Assistance to the young physicians facing problems regarding visas and delayed security clearances.
* Organizing seminars & panel discussions to provide guidance for residency interviews, research, observorships and clinical clerkships.
* Providing temporary accommodation to the incoming young physicians.
* Collaborating with other APPNA committees to provide interest free loans (Qarz-e-Hasana) to the deserving young physicians.